Yummy Comfort Foods Make Studying Tolerable

This weekend was pretty much study-central. Morning to night, all weekend...study, study, study. I know I've probably said this 1,000 times, but as a history major, studying the sciences is really hard. I'm like a fish out of water. Thus, trying to wrap my mind around chemistry and biology...not so easy...

Sitting at my desk for hours on end also meant, not a lot of cooking...some baking...but this weekend, I ate more take out than normal. I feel a bit guilty to be honest. I genuinely enjoy cooking and I do try to be healthy.

For me, Asian food, especially Japanese food, is comfort food. Something about the ingredients and flavors...I love love love it! The Japanese food in particular reminds me of my mom, which makes me think of home, which puts me at ease.
Saturday lunch: Pork Katsu-Don with Edamame and Miso Soup

Sunday was a particularly miserable "chemistry day." I was up at 8 am and studied pretty much non-stop until about 8pm! The morning was spent in my apartment doing chemistry homework, but the afternoon was spent in the library with my friend M. We met and he helped me with our chemistry post-lab assignment. He's fantastic and brilliant, not to mention he's super nice! I would've never figured out the homework alone so I am quite grateful that he was willing to help me! 

The truly miserable part was the online pre-lab chemistry quiz. I knew it wouldn't be easy and that it would be long, but this was ridiculous. This quiz was about 33 questions and it took me 3.5 hours to complete! I was not prepared for this. So here I am tired, mentally exhausted, miserable, trapped in the library (once the quiz is started I can't stop) and hungry. M was with me for a while, but even he returned home, leaving me to toil....As you can imagine, when I finally finished my quiz at 8 pm, I was in no mood to cook. This called for more Asian cuisine. 
Sunday dinner: Bun Xao with Shrimp and Grilled Eggplant (Vietnamese) 

Sure the studying this weekend totally sucked, but at least I can reflect and say that I ate well! ;D Nom nom nom. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life