Num Pang: Exotic and Delicious Sandwiches

Wednesday are very busy and long day for me. I have chemistry lab from 8 am - 9:15 am, biology lecture from 9:30 am - 10:45 am, then biology lecture from 11:00 am - 1:45 pm. As you can see, it's all back to back running around! Lecture back to back isn't bad since its in the same theater, but running to my lab is a bit of a pain. I usually find myself speed walking through the park, choking on a granola bar.

This past Wednesday was really painful. Lab was a total nightmare. We were studying enzymes and the post lab component just horrible. My TA is not a native English speaker, which is ok, however, her English is really nonexistent. That makes asking her questions really difficult. I haven't been so frustrated in a while.

After just under three hours of utter misery, I felt that I deserved a nice lunch. For this reason, I decided to grab a sandwich at one of my favorite sandwich places, located right around the corner from my apartment. Num Pang is a hole in the wall Cambodian sandwich place that makes really delicious sandwiches!
Num Pang, 21 E. 12 St
This place is always really busy and the kitchen is always buzzing

They have a whole assortment of sandwiches including hoison Meatball sandwich, grilled local bluefish and leek sandwich, and spicy organic tofu sandwich. All sandwiches are served with cucumber, pickled carrots, cilantro, chili mayo, and a freshly baked bun. The sandwiches are sooo delicious! I highly recommend this place!
This past Wednesday I ordered the "Coconut Tiger Shrimp with Toasted Coconut sandwich" with a watermelon juice.
I usually get the "Five-Spice Glazed Pork Belly with Pickled Asian Pear sandwich" with my beloved watermelon juice. 

For me, the watermelon juice is a must. Really refreshing and a nice complement to the sandwich. If you find yourself at Num Pang, I recommend the watermelon juice! Be warned though, if you go at lunch time, this place can have quite a wait. I recommend going a little bit before lunch or a bit after lunch, if you want to avoid long waits. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life