Joe The Art Of Coffee --- My New Study HQ

For most of my academic life, studying = library. Right? A normal assumption. If one needs to get work done, the library is ideal. I am a fan of libraries, but after a couple hours, they can be sort of depressing --- like an academic prison. After a while, the quiet, the books, the walls...everything...it can get sort of claustrophobic. I don't know...maybe that's just me...anyway...I've recently taken my studying elsewhere.

My friend "M", introduced me to a really small, artsy, and nice coffee shop in the West Village. We went there once before with two more people, and I have become quite fond of this place. Also, the coffee is really excellent!
Joe: The Art of Coffee
141 Waverly Place, NYC

I had to run back to my apartment to grab my bio textbook, but once the text was in my possession, I met "M" at Joe's. He worked on his chemistry essay and I attempted to read. I say "attempted", because we ended up just gossiping about school and pop culture and life in general. Lots of laughter and lots of fun. I will assure everyone, we did manage to become somewhat productive and did manage to finish our work.
coffee and cellular respiration --- a winning combination

M has helped me to embrace the idea of not studying in a library. I see people working in Starbuck's all the time, but I always assumed that I couldn't work in such a public and social environment. Clearly, I have been the fool. I now find that I prefer to work in coffee shops. I feel like it keeps me connected to the world, whereas in the library, you are locked away. As I wrote in my title, Joe and other coffee shops like Joe may be my new study spots...especially if M is with me! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life