Curried Pork: Classic Family Recipe

So tonight for dinner, I thought I'd cook one of my favorite dishes, which also happens to be a family recipe. "Curried Pork" or "Dirty Pork" (as dad called it) is a really yummy dish. You need some boneless pork chops (the cheaper and plumper the cut, the tastier the meat). I'm serious! Today, I bought 2 pork chops and they cost me like $3 and they were DELICIOUS!

When my dad was in medical school, as a poor med student, he didn't have a lot of resources, so he came up with cheap and delicious meals. Pork is one of his favorite foods...so any excuse for a pork chop. He also really likes curry, so this dish is a perfect combination of his favorite foods and flavors.

This dish is super simple to make and the flavors are awesome! I highly recommend it. Also, you can substitute the pork with chicken or turkey. (I've done that too). At home, we usually eat this curried pork with rice, but tonight I had some naan, which was equally tasty.

Ingredients:
- 2 boneless pork chops, cubed
- 2 large onions, sliced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- curry powder, to taste
- garam masala, to taste
- olive oil

What to Do: 
1. Prepare the onions and the pork chop. 
2. Heat olive oil in a pan. Sautee the onions until they are incredibly soft. Maybe 10 minutes? I mean like disintegrating soft.
3. Once the onions are cooked, add the pork. Allow the pork to cook through. 
4. Once the pork is cooked, add the spices/salt/pepper. Mix well. Let everything sit for a few minutes so that the flavors mingle.
5. Once everything is cooked and seasoned, serve hot with rice or naan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life