Slow Cooker Beef, Tomato, and Bean Chili

So, school is in full swing and it is chaos. Lots of homework and studying sadly means, not much cooking time! Rather than resort to take out, I felt that it was finally time to break out the crock pot! If you don't have a crock pot, you should get one. They are sooo convenient and easy to use. I even used my crock pot in college!!!!

For my first crock pot recipe of the season, I was in the mood for chili. Love love love chili! I did some searching online and found a really yummy recipe. The one problem: it was too big for my crock pot! I own a "Proctor-Silex 1.5 Qt Round Slow Cooker," which is great for one person. This recipe was designed for a larger "family size" crock pot. Oh well...I share with you, my modified smaller version. You can do what I did, where I broke the original recipe into two batches. 

This was such a convenient recipe. As I studied, my dinner cooked for about 2 hours! Awesome! All I had to do was turn the slow cooker off and serve myself! ;D

Slow Cooker Three Bean Beef Chili
Ingredients
1 lb ground beef
1 16 oz can crushed tomatoes (original used 28 oz)
1/2 can black beans (original used whole 16 oz)
1/2 can kidney beans (original used whole 16 oz)
1/2 can pinto beans (original used whole 16 oz)
salt/pepper/seasoning, to taste (you want your chili to taste yummy!)
sour cream (optional)
rice (optional)
shredded cheese (optional)
Heat some oil in a pan and quickly cook the ground beef
Since my crock pot is a bit small, I like to quickly brown any kind of meat before letting it cook in the crock pot. Once the meat is cooked, drain liquid and set aside. 
Add the beans and tomatoes to the crock pot.
Add ground beef and seasoning. Mix so that everything is evenly distributed. 
Put lid on. Set crock pot to HIGH and let sit for about 2 hours.
If you use a larger crock pot, let cook on HIGH for about 3.5 hours. 
Voila! The finished product!
At home, we like to eat chili with rice, so in my bowl I have rice topped with chili topped with cheese and sour cream. Yum Yum Yum!!!!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life