I'm BACCCCKKK

Hello all! After probably almost a month of being silent (except for that food poisoning entry), I am delighted to say that I am BACK and ready to eat and blog! The London entries are on their way, but in the meantime, I thought I'd share some recent food excursions.

After seeing my internist last week, I learned that the type of food poisoning I had was a "campylobacter" bacterial infection. This is one of the most common forms of food poisoning (and I have suspects in mind). When I learned the news, I thought, "ok, great. Now let's get some antibiotics on board and I am good to go."

It turns out this was much more serious that I originally thought! Much to my surprise, I was contacted by the NJ State Board of Health! It seems that labs are required to alert them when someone is positive for certain bacteria and campylobacter is one of those! After a rather pleasant 30 minutes conversation with a nurse, I gave them a full history of what I ate, what my timeline was, and where I was. They seemed disappointed that I contracted this abroad. Oh well. I appreciate their concern though.

So while food poisoning was miserable and I am still not 100% fit, life goes on. I lost about 10lb, which is sort of nice, despite the means at which that weight was shifted. My stomach also seems to have shrunk, which is probably a good thing too. (I was a grave offender of overeating and over-snacking). Still, these tummy changes will not stop me from experimenting with recipes and restaurants.

That said, you'll find two new posts below. I hope you enjoy them!

Comments

  1. Oh dear! I hope you are still willing to eat abroad, because I would love to have an eating tour through London with you one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely. I'm just off steak at the moment. Otherwise, I will eat pretty much anything! If you want suggestions for while you are in London, I'd also be happy to supply you with that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life