Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits

This past weekend, my parents had some friends over and they cooked a FEAST. I didn't do much, but I made some small contributions. Last year, I went through this phase where all I craved was soul food. Don't ask me why. In particular, I really wanted flaky and yummy buttermilk biscuits. After much searching on the net, I found a delicious recipe. For those who like buttermilk biscuits or are curious to try, here is a delicious recipe! (the original is from foodgawker.com)

Ingredients (yields about 8 biscuits): 
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, chilled (plus additional for brushing)

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

2. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking power, baking soda, and salt.
3. Mix in the butter and work it into the dry mixture so that you get a coarse meal. I like to do this by hand.
4. Add buttermilk and stir until the dough comes together into a sticky ball.
5. On a lightly floured surface, knead and flatten the dough. You want it about 1/2 ~ 1 in thick.
6. Using a lightly floured cookie cutter, cut into 3 inch rounds. Lay rounds onto prepared baking sheet. 
7. Before putting the biscuits in the oven to bake, brush with buttermilk.
8. Bake biscuits for about 12 ~ 15 minutes or until golden brown.

VOILA! DELICIOUS FLAKY, SOFT, AND FLUFFY BUTTERMILK BISCUITS! 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life