Healthy and Delicious Home Cooked Meals

I wanted to take a moment and send a shout out to my aunt, who lives in Tokyo. She is an AMAZING chef and I love eating the meals she cooks. The dishes she creates are not only tasty, but they are healthy and very pretty. She always uses the best ingredients and goes out of her way to make the best dinners possible. Although Japan has a spectacular array of foods that one can purchase and/or eat in a restaurant, nothing beats a delicious home cooked meal! Here are some pictures of the treats my aunt made us! 
(L-R): Spicy pickled cucumbers
Beautiful salad
Simmered shishito peppers and burdock root (gobo)
Sauteed squid, eryngi mushrooms, and asparagus in a creamy sauce
(L-R): Sliced boiled potatoes topped with creamy spicy cod roe (tarako)
Simmered Japanese eggplant and okra in a dashi sauce
Beautiful salad topped with grilled tofu skin
I love clam miso soup, and my aunt really spoiled us this with soup. She not only made the miso soup from scratch, but she even made the dashi from scratch using bonito flakes! What a treat!

I love my aunt's cooking and if I lived closer to her, I would certainly take cooking classes with her! She is a master of Japanese home cooking. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life