My First Dinner Party

Last week, I had my best friend H over for dinner. I jokingly call H my "sister from another mister." We have been friends for about 10 years +. We went to Japanese elementary school together and since then, we have been like to peas in a pod. In fact, our parents are also really friendly. Despite that fact that her family moved from NY to Japan to London, and now are back in NY, our friendship has endured. Anyway, I finally had H over to my apartment where I cooked us a lovely meal.
the menu: roasted tomatoes, brown rice, dad's summer salad, and chicken teriyaki

The chicken teriyaki recipe I got from this blog: http://justonecookbook.com/blog/recipes/chicken-teriyaki/

My dad's summer salad is one of my favorite things to eat and make. It's also really flexible. For my summer salad I chopped up: tomatoes, red onions, basil, mango, mozzarella, avocado, and corn. I drizzled it with olive oil and then balsamic vinegar. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life