Harney & Sons: The Best Tea You'll Ever Drink

"Take some more tea," the March Hare said to Alice very earnestly.
"I've had nothing yet," Alice replied in an offended tone, "so I can't take more."
You mean you can't take less," said the Hatter. "It's very easy to take more than nothing."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

I will be the first to admit that as wonderful, fun, and whimsical of a tale Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland is, that is one trippy story. I still love it, don't get me wrong, but man, when I read that story, I felt like I was on drugs or something. Still, my favorite part of the book, which is a favorite of a lot of people, has to be the tea party scene. I mean, it's so iconic and what's not the love? Tea, the Mad Hatter, the March Hare, the mouse, the pocket watch being dunked in the tea...I mean the whole tea party is wonderfully absurd! 

Rather than just say, "today I visited blah blah blah" or "I really like Harney & Sons...," I wanted to set the mood and start with something related and fun, thus my opening quote.

For as long as I can remember, I have been a tea drinker. Asian or European, it doesn't matter, I love tea. (I will admit that although I will drink and/or taste pretty much any kind of tea I don't really care for herbal/fruity teas and chai.) When I am in the mood for tea, specifically black tea, my tea brand of choice is the upstate NY based tea company, "Harney and Sons." Perhaps you have heard of them? 

 I don't even remember when or how my family discovered Harney & Sons...all I know is that we have been very loyal customers for a super long time. They are my tea of choice and my go to brand. They have a huge selection of teas ranging from black to oolong to rooibos to house blends...the list goes on. 

If you love tea, some of my favorite H&S teas are: Paris (black tea), Caribe (black tea), Dragon Pearls (oolong), Earl Grey Supreme, Viennese Earl Grey, and many many more! Of these though, my ultimate #1 favorite is Paris. This is a delicious black tea that have an amazing vanilla smell. It's delicious! 

Recently, I've been drinking a lot of their newest "special blend": THE DIAMOND JUBILEE BLEND. Yes, Harney and Sons wanted to celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee too, so they essentially took their Earl Grey and added a splash a grapefruit. Despite the fact that the modification was super simple, the product is DELICIOUS! I can't stop drinking it! 
So, you may be asking yourself at this point..."where can I find Harney & Sons?" Well, I am pleased to answer that question. Harney and Sons has two stores. The original store is in Millerton, NY and their newer store is in Soho, Manhattan. If you can't make it to either of those stores, you can always order online at http://www.harney.com. When I was at college in Pennsylvania, I used to do this all the time. Trust me, if you love tea, you will love Harney & Sons! 
433 Broome St, SoHo, NYC
My favorite thing about both stores has to be this GIANT wall of tea. You are allowed to taste any two teas of your choice. I aspire to have a wall of tea like that in my future home! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life