Chicken "Soyccatash" Stir-Fry

After class and a rather lengthy tutoring session earlier in the week, I returned to my room in need of lunch. My mother is the queen of cleaning out the fridge and freezer, so I decided to make a lesson from her. I had defrosted some chicken thighs overnight thinking that I could do something with them. After some more rummaging, I discovered a bag of frozen "soyccatash"that I had bought at Trader Joe's a month ago. Basically it's a bag of frozen peppers, corn, and edamame. I also decided to use up my bag of frozen okra. 

Ingredients:
- 1 cup of chicken, chopped into bite size pieces
- salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- onion powder, to taste
- chili/cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 cup soyccatash (or other frozen veg)
- 1 cup frozen okra
- cooking spray
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (or to taste)
Gather your frozen veggies. 
Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and season with spices.

Spray a non-stick pan with cooking spray and cook the chicken and vegetables until cooked. When the vegetables are looking defrosted and the chicken is starting to brown, add some soy sauce. 
Voila! 
Fast, simple, colorful, and delicious! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life