Chicken Okra Stir Fry

So I tried another Weight Watchers recipe for dinner and it was ok. Whereas other WW recipes have been delicious in the past, I thought this was sort of bland...made me think, "wow, this IS diet food." That said, I share the recipe with you because it wasn't terrible. I could use some improvement, mainly more taste. I'd say be generous with your seasoning(s) of choice.
The Ingredients:
- 12oz chicken breast, raw without skin and bone (I personally prefer thigh. I think the thigh meat is much tastier)
- 1 medium onion, uncooked, thickly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic (I like garlic so I tend to add more...)
- 1/2 tsp red or cayenne pepper
- 2 cups okra, raw, or 10 oz package frozen (not thawed)
- salt and pepper, to taste
* I added a bit of soy sauce, but that's because I like to add soy sauce to everything!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Step 1: Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and prepare the onions, peppers, and garlic
Step 2: Spray a large non-stick frying pan with cooking spray. Add the onions, pepper, white wine, and chicken broth. Let everything cook until soft, but not browned. 
Step 3: Add garlic, red pepper, and chicken; saute for about 5 minutes or until chicken is almost cooked through. 
Step 4: Add the okra to the pan. Let everything cooked for about 8 minutes; until okra is soft and chicken is cooked through. Add salt/pepper/soy sauce to taste. You can also get creative and add other seasonings. 
Voila! The final product! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life