Healthy, Simple, and Delicious!

This week has been totally hellish, as I have been studying like a crazy woman for my calculus midterm. Since I was pressed for time, but still wanted to have nice meals, I resorted to a quick and delicious dinner: chicken breast and salad. I don't really have a recipe to share, with you alas,  I just still wanted to share!

The chicken breast, I marinaded hours before with my mom's "shiso miso." Shiso is a very popular and prevalent green used in Japanese cooking. You may have some across it. It's sort of citrusy. Shiso is to Japanese cooking like basil is to Italian cooking. Does that make sense? So I slathered the chicken breast with the miso and let it sit in the fridge for several hours. I then let the chicken breast cook for 45 minutes in the oven at 350F.

As for the salad. I love spinach, cooked and/or raw. My salad included raw spinach, red pepper, cucumber, and some avocado. My new favorite dressing is by Jo's. Its the ginger salad dressing. (Like the kind you get at a Japanese restaurant.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life