Holy Smoked Salmon!

Perhaps its because I am half Jewish or because I love fish, but smoked salmon is one of my favorite things to eat...specifically my dad's smoked salmon.

Now, I don't want to brag, but my in all seriousness, my dad makes THE BEST smoked salmon in the entire world. I am convinced of this. He is an incredibly skilled "smoker" (grill, not the other kind) and has a killer marinade for his salmon. 

I'd share his secret, but sadly, it's a family secret. Sorry! Still, if it's any consolation, here's the process of how dad makes his mind-blowingly delicious smoked salmon. 
after letting the salmon marinade over night, dad pats each fillet dry
this was a very dry summer day, so dad put the salmon in this hanger and let them dry for several hours
the salmon is then smoked in the grill for several hours
the finished product! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life