MarieBelle Chocolates: A Chocolate Masterpiece

I am a self-confessed choco-holic. I love love love chocolate and I can never get enough! I am particularly keen about dark chocolate. One of my favorite foods!

As an undergraduate, I attended Bryn Mawr College, which is a woman's college in the suburbs of Philadelphia. Freshman year, my friend was doing a documentary about what kind of a place a woman's college is, and I jokingly said,  "it's a wonderful place where chocolate is abundant." What a true statement. I don't think I ever had to look for chocolate, because everywhere on campus, chocolate was available. A blessing and a curse!

Whilst Manhattan is full of chocolate stores, (Jacques Torres, La Maison Chocolat, Godiva, etc...), there is one that I have become particularly fond of: MARIEBELLE. That name may sound familiar to you, since some stores sell their hot chocolate. If you haven't been to this chocolatier and you love art and chocolate, you must visit as soon as possible! Never has chocolate looked for gorgeous. It's almost a pity to eat the detectible Mariebelle confections because they are like mini-masterpieces!
484 Broome St (SoHo, NYC)
I love the decor of this place. I feel like I've gone back in time and I am trapped in a 1920s-Baroque Tiffany's box. I know that sounds bizarre, but it's actually quite cool! 
The most beautiful chocolates I have ever seen! Too gorgeous to eat perhaps? 

MarieBelle has an enormous chocolate selection. I find that creating a box is difficult because I want to choose all of them! They have flavors like milk chocolate and hazelnut, but they also have more exotic flavors like cardamon and saffron. I also really love the whiskey flavor! (Then again, I have a soft spot for whiskey...something my dad has instilled me with.) 

After chatting with one of the employees, I learned that each chocolate is delicately silk screened. And each pattern is suppose to convey the flavor somehow. I don't see that part, but the silk screening I believe. 

I'll be the first to say, these chocolates are not cheap, they will burn a bit of a hole in your pocket but from a taste and aesthetic point of view....they are worth EVERY PENNY! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life