Fairway Brunching

It was my cousin's final day in Manhattan and there was a lot to do, but not much time to do it in. Before returning to Europe, she wanted to do some shopping and we had a lot of ground to cover. Not wanting to eat too much, I took E to Fairway for a nice light breakfast.
Now some of you may be thinking, "you took your cousin to a grocery store for brunch?" The answer is yes AND no. Yes, I took her to Fairway, which is a grocery store, however, the one of the Upper West Side has a rather nice cafe upstairs. I've been here a couple times and I've always enjoyed my meals here. It's a nice spot for schmoozing. 

Like I said, we didn't want anything too heavy, and since we had a fair amount of shopping to do, we wanted something relatively quick and fast. For brunch, we both ordered an iced coffee and silver dollar pancakes. The pancakes were very adorable and fluffy --- I devoured them with such gusto! My coffee with very refreshing and I loved that it was served in a mason jar. I don't know why, but I always feel that there is something wonderfully charming about drinking out of a mason jar. 
We had a great time at the Fairway cafe. We had a lot of fun chatting and enjoyed our meal immensely. It was the perfect way to start the day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life