Casual Weekend Baking for Boy's Night

A few weekends ago, my boyfriend decided to have a guys movie night. Normally, this is my cue to exit and let him have the place to himself and his friends, however, much to my surprise, he asked me to stick around. I was honored and yet wondered whether my presence would be welcomed by his friends. Would I been seen as some sort of invader? or welcomed with open arms? Not sure how to proceed, I resorted to my usual plan: BAKING.

The question was: what do I bake? What do his friends like? Do I bake cookies? cake? pie? cupcakes? Endless possibilities! After consulting with R, we decided that I should whip up a batch of my signature red velvet cupcakes, but instead of the cream cheese frosting (R is slightly lactose intolerant), I made chocolate frosting from scratch. 
My ingredients

At this point, I've baked these so many times I can do it with my eyes closed! In no time at all, I whipped up a dozen red velvet cupcakes and the kitchen smelled heavenly! 

For my chocolate frosting --- this recipe I found on the internet. I don't totally recall what I did but I'm pretty sure I just mixed powdered sugar, chocolate powder, and added some vanilla essence. Either way, it tasted delicious!
Sadly, my cupcakes were not as big a hit as I had hoped. It seemed the boys were too full from dinner (which was a massive Asian hot pot), snacks, and beer. Out of the 5 boys presents, only R and his best friend T at my cupcakes. I was disappointed, but at least those two really enjoyed them! (I think R had 3…?)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life