The Grey Dog Cafe

Another long Wednesday has passed and another unpleasant biology lab session sent me looking for a delicious lunch. In today's lab, we needed to attempt to capture nematodes, which we will force feed bacteria that will mess up their genetics. All in the name of science. Let me say, catching nematodes is NOT easy. First off, I thought they would be big...not earth worm big, but not microscopic. Clearly, I do not know what a nematode is. 

Each person in the lab was given a petri dish with agar, that was teeming with nematodes. It was out task to use a piece of wire (basically) to catch two nematodes. Of course, nothing is THAT simple. We were then instructed that we must catch HERMAPHRODITE nematodes, so we had to pay attention to the tails...what nonsense! Let me tell you, if you have never caught a nematode, you are not missing out. It was miserable. It requires a level of hand-eye coordination that I DO NOT have. The misery inflicted upon me in lab forced me to seek out a delicious lunch to console me. 
90 University Place, NYC
this place is always packed
quite an eclectic menu

I've always been here once, with my friend E. Much like this day, the cafe was packed, but we lucked out and managed to find a table. For lunch today, I opted for the "Grey Dog Club." Basically: turkey, melted swiss cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, honey mustard, and mayo. 
check out those delicious layers!

This sandwich really hit the spot. The bread was nice and crispy, as well as the bacon, and the sweetness of the honey mustard was delightful. Really lovely flavor balance. I good eat a couple of these! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life