Satay Malaysian Cuisine: My Favorite Restaurant in Hoboken

This past Monday, I ventured out to Hoboken again to spend time in my dad's office. Unfortunately, I wasn't there to shadow, but needed a place to get my homework done. The library is too depressing and my apartment is too distracting, so I thought, why not dad's personal office in his office? Oh, and I had carrot cake to deliver too.

For a couple hours, I sat at a desk and just plowed through my bio reading. Of course, there were distractions here and there. Chatting with dad, reading some x-rays, but for the most part, I worked efficiently and got my reading done.

Rather than just return home, dad and I went for dinner at our favorite restaurant in Hoboken. This was only our second time, but the food is sooo good, I could eat here every day! In fact, the restaurant staff recognized us! 

Dad and I were sooo hungry, we ordered a lot of food. Perhaps too much. Still, I think the combination of our hunger and the delicious-ness of the food helped us to pretty much inhale everything! My favorite part of dinner was definitely dessert. "Satay" has this amazing house made coconut pudding served in a coconut that is not too sweet and super refreshing. I could devour several of these on my own! 
99 Washington St, Hoboken NJ
Fried Squid with Toasted Coconuts and a Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce (appetizer)
Spiced Lamb Cooked with Lemon Grass, Onions, and Pepper
Fried Chicken with Sesame and Toasted Coconut
Sweet and Sour Vegetables with Fried Tofu
what a feast!
we had coconut rice and ginger rice on the side.
Coconut Pudding served in a Fresh Coconut
(so refreshing and delicious! I could eat this everyday!) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life