Return to David Burke Kitchen

Last weekend, my parents spent a long weekend in the city. They do this frequently, especially during opera season. This past Friday, while dad unfortunately had to return to the office for meetings/seeing patients, after chemistry recitation, I met mom for lunch. First we met at my apartment, then we grabbed the "1" downtown to Canal St, and from there, "David Burke Kitchen."
I ate here once before, a few months back, during restaurant week. I enjoyed my meal very very much, so I was delighted to return. First off, look how adorable this menu is and second, if you can read it, look how delicious everything looks! Mom and I opted for the "prix-fixe" lunch, denoted by the black rabbits. Let me tell you, the decisions were hard, but in the end, we dined on some pretty awesome dishes!
my starter: 
duo of dumplings (crispy short rib dumplings and steamed lobster dumplings)
mom's starter: 
wedge salad with spiced pecans, tomato vinaigrette, cranberries, and maytag blue cheese
my main: 
melted leek & gruyere quiche with crisp chicken, bacon, and frisee
mom's main: 
seared big eye ahi tuna with balsamic infused sauteed mushrooms, potatoes, and cooked greens
my dessert: 
molten carrot cake with warm vanilla bean-cream cheese center, cinnamon walnut ice cream
mom's dessert: 
himalayan rock salt sundae with milk chocolate malt ice cream, caramel corn, and salted caramel luge

I'm delighted to report that this meal did not disappoint. Everything was so delicious! Fresh, beautifully prepared, flavorful...I can't wait to go back! This was mom's first visit and she really enjoyed it. I really love this restaurant. I've been there twice, and I have loved each visit! I highly recommend David Burke's Kitchen to you all! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life