When Being an Adventurous Foodie Backfires

Hello all! Hope everyone is well! I am back from London and am in the midst of trying to return to a state of normalcy. I've been trying to collect my thoughts and share some of my adventures with you all, but to be honest, I've been quite ill and unable to do so.

While in the UK, my family ventured out into the Peak District, which was gorgeous and picturesque. We had some fantastic meals, visited some gorgeous manor houses, and explored the English countryside. 

In our countryside travels, it seems that I may have picked up an unwanted visitor at a pub somewhere. On our return to London, I was feeling a bit poorly -- icky stomach, loss of appetite, etc... and that culminated with a bad case of the chills. I tend to always be warm, but I was shivering, layered, hiding under the bed covers, and had the thermostat up to 80F. It was NOT fun. 

My last two days in London were ok. The shivers were gone, but my appetite was just not there. Bummer. The real problem started when I got home on Sunday. I am going to be as eloquent as possible, but lets just say that for about 3 days straight, I was not able to stray far from a lavatory and I have managed to lose about 4 lb in those 3 days... It has been a most miserable couple of days.

On top of that, because my immune system is shot to hell, I managed to catch a cold, which I am currently battling, and my monthly visitor (I apologize if that is too much info) has decided to arrive early. As you can see, my body has a lot on its plate at the moment.

Still, in the spirit of my blog title, I am doing my best to "to keep calm and carry on." Being sick is a terrible feeling, but what can you do? I'm staying hydrated, sleeping, and generally taking it easy. I just wanted to let you all know that you have not be forgotten! Once I'm recovered, I'll be sharing my UK adventures with you all!

Comments

  1. Oh, Aki! I hope you feel well again very soon! Keep Winny's words in mind, "If you're going through hell, keep going."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life