Dad and Daughter Weekend

This past weekend, it was just me and Dad and our cat, Jiji. My mother is in Japan at the moment. It's funny to think that just a few weeks ago I had a mom and daughter weekend, and now here I am bonding with dad. Fun times.
Introducing Jiji. I adore her!

I am currently taking a study break to write this entry, as it is my FINAL WEEK OF CALCULUS! Hooray! Unfortunately, that means a final exam tomorrow, which I am doomed to fail. Oh well, c'est la vie. Anyway, this past weekend was mostly spent studying, but dad and I sure did eat well!

It was such a contrast to my weekend with mom. With mom, it was all Japanese food and family favorites. With dad, it was a lot of "Western" favorites. Some fried chicken, barbecue spareribs, corn on the cob...totally delicious! I love being multi-cultural!

For my first night home, dad wanted me to cook him my now famous duck breast. Check out the size of the breast he bought!
Usually, I cook breasts about 1/2 this size, but dad bought two of these ginormous duck breasts! I convinced him we only needed one. We froze the other one.
coming along nicely...
Perfect! Crunchy outside, pinky inside. Nom nom nom!

Our second evening, dad cooked up one of his favorite dishes that we hadn't eaten in a very long time: grilled pork country ribs. Dad goes crazy for these ribs! These were accompanied with ears of corn and dad's famous summer salad.
Third evening, another indulgence: home made grilled burgers. My mother really doesn't care for grilled burgers, so we don't really get to eat them. However, since mom isn't home, we took full advantage and made things that we knew she wouldn't miss.
I absolutely love grilled veggies, so since we had a lot of veggies in the fridge, Dad and I thought this would be a efficient and delicious way to use a lot up. (Yellow squash, eggplant, zucchini, and red pepper). 
Delicious dinner! Grilled beef cheeseburger with sauteed onions, grilled veggies, corn, and some sliced tomatoes. Yum!!!!

The final meal before I returned to the city, dad whipped up a delicious lunch using leftovers! Breakfast for lunch. 
Grilled vegetable omelette with cheese, served with chicken apple sausage. 

If you compare dad and mom cooking, you'll see that they are really different, but still oh so delicious! Did I mention I love being multicultural????? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life