The First Of Many Borough Market Adventures

This past Friday, I got a chance to explore Borough Market. Now, I've been to the market dozens of times, but this was my first proper adventure, since arriving in London on the 10th. My friend, C, who was visiting from LA had never been here, so I insisted that she join me. Can't let her go back to the States without visiting this London gem!

Although it was a Friday afternoon, we arrived around 3:30, so it was off peak, making walking around the market much easier. Don't get me wrong, it was still crowded, but at least it wasn't mobbed! We went from stall to stall, seeing all of the magnificent bounty the market had to offer. From the produce stands to the meat and seafood stands to the desserts to the prepared foods, our mouths were salivating and we couldn't wait to get tasting.
Gorgeous selection of seafood
Yummy seafood paella
Beautiful and colorful produce selection
So many meats!
I've never seen so much Turkish Delight!
So many meat pies
I wish I had bought this
These doughnuts looks so amazing! 
Adorable gingerbread cookies
Quite a selection of cupcakes

There was an overwhelming selection of goodies that C and I could've had for lunch. Curries, paella, meat pies, fish and chips, pasta, etc… Before making a final decision on lunch, C and I indulged with some Pimm's Cups -- a very British drink and one of my favorite beverages! Goodness, this was delicious and I practically inhaled mine!
We walked around the market a couple of times, our nostrils being filled with a symphony of flavors and our mouths salivating. In the end, C and I both decided on the venison burgers, which were served with: aged gouda cheese, bacon, lettuce, and an onion relish. This burger was out of this world! It was so flavorful and really filling. Not to mention, the accompanying fillings really compliments the burger. I ate this wayyy too quickly and immediately felt super full. Still, I enjoyed every mouthful and I look forward to having this again!
Although C and I were both very full from our burgers, that didn't stop us from sharing a dessert. I mean, how could we not, especially with so much on offer?! We visited a couple stalls and we weighed out our options. Did we want a cookie? or a brownie? or a meringue? or chocolate? Such variety! Ultimately, we shared some apple cake, which was so tender and refreshing. It hit the spot perfectly!  
C and I had such a fun time exploring Borough Market and we certainly left with happy bellies. Can't wait for my next visit to the market!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life