Gorgeous Sunday Afternoon at a New York Yankees Game

In one week, I am moving to London -- (details to be shared in another post). Before crossing the pond and leaving my beloved Manhattan, I wanted to go to a Yankees game. I'm not really a sports fan nor am I a hardcore Yankees fan, however, as a current resident of Manhattan, I felt that I couldn't leave without going to a game. Lucky for me, R is a Yankees fan and was more than happy to take me to Yankee Stadium.

The last time I went to a Yankees game was in high school. Maybe 8 years ago? Wow, that's a really long time ago! I was very excited. I didn't really care that the Yankees were playing the Toronto Blue Jays -- I was just happy to be at a ballgame with my guy. After a pleasant subway ride and a quick lunch at a local diner, we arrived wearing our New York Yankees t-shirts (he'd given me one of his) and made our way into the stadium and to our seats.
Game Day at Yankee Stadium
Making our way to our seats
New York Yankees vs the Toronto Blue Jays

Our seats were at the top of the stadium, between third and home base. I thought they were rather good and I could see everything perfectly! The game itself wasn't very exciting -- nothing happened. It was one of those games where both teams are so good, that they don't let the other team do anything. Home runs were rare, regular runs were infrequent, and strike outs seem to happen to every player. Although the game was boring, I still enjoyed myself. We had gorgeous weather (sunny, but not too hot) and R was teaching me all about baseball. It was perfection. 
Tanaka was the pitcher
Yankees dugout 

Unfortunately, the Yankees lost to the Blue Jays, which was a massive bummer. Still, despite the loss and the slow game, I got to visit Yankee Stadium one last time before crossing the pond and I got to do it with my guy. Couldn't ask for a better day! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life