Parmesan and Breadcrumb Covered Baked Chicken Breasts

Tonight for dinner, I experimented with a recipe that my boyfriend has used a couple of times. Last week, he asked me to help him find a pork recipe and it was then that I stumbled upon this parmesan baked pork chops recipe. Not only did this recipe look delicious, it also looked really easy to make. R has made it twice and has told me that he really liked it. With that in mind, I felt that it was time for me to give it a try.

I didn't have any pork in my fridge, so I decided to substitute chicken breast. I mean, how different could it be --- right? Following the original recipe, I made the changes of using chicken, as well as other seasoning. 

Not only was this dish super easy to prepare, it was very easy to make and tasted stunning! I loved every mouthful. The crunchiness of the crust, the succulent meat, and the balance of seasonings really made this dish a winner. I would definitely recommend this as an easy weeknight dinner or something to enjoy on the weekends. I know I will be adding this to my repertoire of dishes! And next time, I will definitely try making this with pork. 

Ingredients:
- 1 package chicken thighs
- parmesan cheese
- breadcrumbs/panko 
- salt
- pepper
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- herbes de provence
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.

2. Set up your chicken and dipping stations. The reason why I didn't give specific measurements for the amount of breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese is because I think you need to guesstimate it. You want enough that you can coat your chicken, but not too much where you waste cheese and breadcrumbs.
3. Before coating, season your chicken with salt, pepper, herbes de provence, garlic powder, and onion powder. (Obviously, you can use whatever else you want). Season well. 
4. Once your chicken is seasoned, coat with parmesan and breadcrumbs. Do parmesan cheese first, then move to breadcrumbs. Be sure to coat thoroughly. 
5. Line a baking dish with cooking spray. Lay chicken out on dish. 
6. Let chicken cook for about 20-30 minutes. You want the chicken to be totally cooked and you want to get some brown on it too!
7. Once your chicken is done, serve with whatever you would like. I had mine with quinoa and buttered string beans. Yum! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life