Ethiopian Lunch at Borough Market

After a busy morning of moving in to my flat and shopping for living essentials, my cousin and I decided to visit Borough Market for a spot of lunch. I wrote about Borough Market last summer, when I was last in London, but just to quickly recap: Borough Market is a giant food and produce market, located near London Bridge, and it is one of my most favorite places in London. Now I live about 15 minutes away walking, which will either be amazing or disastrous for my wallet!

Normally, I could spend hours wandering the market, bouncing from stall to stall, but today, I was rather exhausted. I was still slightly jet lagged, was recovering from the stress of moving, and knackered from hours of shopping. On this occasion, my priority at the market was to find some delicious lunch! 

We did a bit of strolling, but JH and I quickly made our way to a really yummy Ethiopian food stall that he likes. I'll admit, I don't really know anything about Ethiopian food, but I trust my cousin and the smells wafting from this food stall had my mouth watering. 
Massive vats of meat cooking
Beef (front) and chicken (back)

I'm not totally sure about what I ate, but I can tell you that it was superb! On JH's suggestion, I went with the beef and rice, which came with two sides. Although there were a few options, I selected the split peas and the green beans. Everything was so tender and bursting with flavor. It was like a party in my mouth! Also, this lunch was about £5 (about $7.75), which wasn't too bad, since we went with the larger size. 
My very delicious lunch

I really enjoyed this introduction to Ethiopian food. The colors were so vibrant and the flavors were bursting! JH said he wasn't a fan of the chicken, however, I am curious to come back to this stall and taste the other dishes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life