Finally Got To Visit A Proper London Caf!

Before moving into my flat in Southwark on Saturday, I had a lovely British-style breakfast with my friend, S. For years she's been wanting to take me to a real London "caff" or "greasy spoon," but for whatever reason, we'd never gotten around to doing this. (A caff is basically like the USA equivalent of a diner. It serves a lot of comfort food for a low price.) S has a nice caff across the street from her flat that she and her boyfriend M like to visit, so we decided to go there for some breakfast. We were both quite hungry, so we grabbed our coats and set out to the "Caledonian Road Cafe."

The menu was relatively extensive -- at least the one I was looking at. Essentially different versions of the classic "English Breakfast." There were just too many variations to choose from, so I went with: egg, beans, sausage, bacon, blood sausage, and toast. Now, some of you may be revolted that I ordered blood sausage, but I will admit, I like them. I wouldn't eat them everyday, maybe once every couple of months, but I think they taste nice. 

So yeah, my breakfast was just mountains of protein and saturated fat on a plate, but you know what? It was delicious and I enjoyed each mouthful. Yes, it was a bit salty and I probably clogged my arteries a bit, but when in Rome, or I guess when in London, eat what the locals eat. S seemed pleased to finally take me to a caff, so in a sense, everyone won. I got to enjoy a new experience and I had a breakfast that fueled me for the next several hours of moving and running around! 
Breakfast of champions

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life