My Boyfriend Cooks Me Dinner For The First Time!

Several weeks ago, after a VERY LONG DAY and a very stressful Amtrak journey filled with delays, I managed to arrive at my boyfriend's apartment. Before getting into this post, I should probably provide some background. 

A few weekends back, I was upstate with my parents. I decided to spend half of the weekend with them and the rest of it with my boyfriend. It was my plan to take an Amtrak train from our cabin to Manhattan. (This is really the only way to get to Manhattan). I'd had some bad experiences in the past picking people up from the train station, so I obsessively checked the Amtrack website to monitor the status of my train. At first it was on time --- great! Then it was 5 min late. Then 10 min late. Then 30 minute later and eventually over 1 hour late! As the delays kept growing, my anxiety level was growing sky high.

Yes, I could've just bagged it and taken the train the next day however, 1) I had already paid for my ticket and was not eligible for a refund, 2) my train tomorrow could also be delayed, and 3) I really wanted to see my boyfriend! 

My train was originally scheduled to leave at 6:40 pm, but was not projected to leave at 7:30 pm. My parents and I arrived at the train station at around 7 pm in hopes of trying to figure out what the hell was going on. To my great relief, I was able to switch my ticket to a 7:40 pm train that was arriving on time, since my original train was still iffy. In the end, my 6:40 pm train left at 7:50 pm, ten minutes after my new train. Oi vey. Anyway, by 7:40, I was finally Manhattan-bound!

After getting off Amtrak at Penn Station, I literally ran to the subway and once I got off the subway, I practically ran to my boyfriend's apartment. It was after 10 pm, I was tired and hungry, and just wanted to relax with him. I walked in to his apartment and was greeted by quite a sight! R appeared, looking very handsome and dressed up, but he was wearing an apron. WHAT?!

My boyfriend doesn't cook that much. He's gotten better and cooks occasionally, but when he first met, this was an inconceivable concept. He always ordered from seamless or his parents would cook. Since we've been together, I've always encouraged him to help me in the kitchen and we've had a lot of fun. He's come a long way and even when I'm not with him, I love getting texts from him asking me cooking questions. Warms my heart.

I was so excited to arrive and find him cooking dinner for me. This was the first time he'd done that. Usually I cook us dinner or we cook together --- but he did this all on his own! What a treat! For dinner, he made buttered string beans, pasta, and beautifully pan seared some steaks for us! Yum! He also set the table, really setting the mood, and had a gorgeous bottle of red wine waiting. So romantic and thoughtful.  
Yummy steaks
R watching his steaks, whilst also cooking the pasta

This is exactly what I needed after such a long and arduous day. I spent the day helping my parents make my mom's shiso syrup, then trying to figure out my train situation, and finally arriving at my boyfriend's place after 10 pm… Coming home to a wonderful and delicious home cooked dinner that he made for me, that made it all worth it! So proud of him. 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most restaurants near me have subsequent attributes:
    Usually serve coffee, tea, pastries, and little items for breakfast and lunch
    Casual, relaxed atmosphere
    Many people might work or socialize for periods of your time at a restaurant

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's wise not solely to own a lightweight dinner in providence however conjointly AN early one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're trying to catch your cheating spouse in the act, I would recommend you reach out to this awesome hacker that helped me monitor my husband's phone. I got virtually every information my hubby has been hiding over the months easily right in my own phone, the spy app diverted all his text messages, Whatsapp, multimedia sent through the phone, social networks on his phone, phone calls and deleted messages. He could not believe his eyes when he saw the evidence because he had no idea he was hacked. He can also improve credit cards.. You can reach out to 'hackingloop6 @ g m a i l .c o m, also reach him on text or WhatsApp + 1(4 8 4) 5 4 0 - 0 7 8 5, if you have similar issues, his services are very affordable and reliable..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life