My First Afternoon Tea in London

After being in London for a little over one week, I was fortunate enough to meet a college friend of mine for a proper afternoon tea. My friend, C, is in London for a week as a post-bar exam present. Funny, we were both in Manhattan for two years and we always planned on getting together, but never got around to it. When we met for tea, we were laughing about how ironic it is that now that we are both in London, we promptly manage to meet up!

C was staying at the very beautiful and posh Milestone Hotel, near Kensington Palace, quite close to High Street Kensington. Since C's hotel offered a very nice afternoon tea service, we agreed to meet there at 3 pm. On the day we met, it was pouring rain -- perfect for schmoozing and sipping tea. 
We had a few options for tea, but ultimately decided upon the traditional afternoon tea service. This came with finger sandwiches, scones with clotted cream and jam, as well as a selection of cakes. Everything was absolutely delicious! C and I also enjoyed a lovely pot of Lady Grey tea, which was quite citrusy and refreshing.
C and I ended up schmoozing for nearly three hours! We had a lot of catching up to do. We hadn't seen each other for at least one year and there was a lot to update. I also gave her some pointers regarding things to see whilst in London and we made plans to meet later in the week at Borough Market. So glad I was able to experience my first afternoon tea, since arriving in London, with my dear friend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life