Vegetable Ice Cream: Delicious or Disastrous?

Whilst I was in Japan, I discovered two new Haazen-Dazs flavors that are not sold in the USA. Those flavors? "Tomato & Cherry" and "Carrot & Orange". Yup, vegetable flavored ice cream.

Now, I like vegetables, but I would't exactly say that they are my favorite food group… Still, I was intrigued by this discovery. Although I had my apprehensions, I am willing to try anything at least once, so I gave it a go. My mother purchased the tomato/cherry, whilst I purchased the carrot/orange.

I'm going to be brutally honest --- I thought this concoction was totally gross. It literally tastes like it sounds: vegetable ice cream. It was cold, creamy, sweet, and vegetable-y…. not the greatest combination in the world. I really had a hard time eating this ice cream.

I will go on record and say that this is certainly a novelty and worth trying at least once. Who knows, maybe your palate is more adventurous than mine! I don't see this being sold in the USA anytime soon, so if you want to try it, you'll have to travel to Japan! I think for now, I'll stick with chocolate Haagen-Dazs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life