Breakfast at the Wolseley

My parents and I discovered the Wolseley on our last visit to London. It was recommended to me by the best friend, E --- her father really likes his place. After trying it on our last visit to London, this became our default breakfast spot, so it only made sense that our first breakfast in London should be here. 
The Wolseley is very interesting. It's a gorgeous art-deco building that was formerly a car dealership up to the 1960s (or so I have been informed). The architecture of the building is very 1920s/1930s and the use of metal/black marble/gold panelling really sends you back and makes you wish you were a "bright young thing." 
As we are in London, I have decided to put my coffee habit to the side and drink tea, since I am in tea-drinking country. With coffee out of the picture, mom and I started the day with a "cuppa" of milk tea. 
Selecting breakfast is always difficult, as there is a lot of delicious dishes on offer. After much deliberation, my parents and I made our selections. I am a huge fan of kedgeree, and since you can't get that in the USA, that is my go-to. Kedgeree is essentially like curried rice, but it also includes bits of white fish, for example haddock. My kedgeree was topped with a poached egg and it was delicious! 
Kedgeree

My father opted for the Eggs Arlington, which is essentially Eggs Benedict, but with smoked salmon. I'm not a huge fan of Eggs Benedict, mainly because I find Hollandaise sauce too rich, but this smoked salmon was fantastic! 
Finally, my mother opted for the true classic: a full English Breakfast. Granted, this was a super posh version, but still, you can't beat this beauty. Eggs, sausage, beans, bacon, mushroom, tomato, and black pudding. As I once heard on a British gentleman explain on a British food TV show, "this is the breakfast that we won wars with!" 
All in all, a delicious way to start our London trip. The Wolesley never disappoints. If you find yourself in Mayfair and in search of breakfast, I highly recommend this place! The address is: 160 Picadilly (next to the Ritz). Also know that the Wolesley serves other meals besides breakfast, including afternoon tea. 

Addendum: After posting this, we visited the Wolseley yet again for breakfast. This is what we had for brunch.
Bagel & Lox
Eggs Benedict
Lox & Scrambled Eggs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life