Healthy and Authentic Chinese Dinner

This was a girls night. My mom and I met my Aunt J for dinner at a local Chinese restaurant. This restaurant it owned by a patient of my Aunt J and Uncle M. The chef studied in China, so I was informed that the cooking is quite authentic. We had a special pre-fixed meal, which was really delicious.
Amuse buche: Carpaccio of white fish and boiled asparagus, served with a spicy sauce
First Course (Clockwise): Baby squids and baby zucchini
Simmered Japanese eggplant
Simmered chicken
Raw vegetable and duck spring roll
Simmered lotus root and jellyfish 
Second Course: Carp simmered in a black bean sauce
Third Course: Simmered shark's fin with baby bok chou
Fourth Course: House made dumpling 
Fifth Course: Beef cooked in a light broth
Sixth Course (A): Spicy mabo-tofu and rice
Sixth Couse (B): Spicy dan dan noodles
Dessert: Almond tofu with a melon sauce

My favorite part of the meal was the tea, which was served at the end. This green is from Taiwan and apparently required a special brewing method. The tea was light in color, but surprisingly flavorful. I quite enjoyed it! The small tea pot was very cute and I enjoyed the ceremony of making multiple cups, to strengthen the flavor. Yum!
I have to say, this is some of the poshest Chinese food I've ever eaten! The flavors were perfectly balanced and the meals were both tasty and delicious! I enjoyed every bite and look forward to eating there again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life