The Kew Greenhouse: Breakfast of Champions (or Not…)

Whenever we visit London, we tend to do the same things and visit the same places. This trip was different. We were determined to explore new locations and have new experiences. We kicked off our week in London with a trip to the Royal Botanical Gardens in Kew.

Getting to the Garden, from London, is incredibly easy. Kew is a straight shot on the District line (tube) and only 30 minutes away. Very convenient.

Wanting to get a relatively early start to the day, we departed the flat without breakfast, with the intention of finding a place in Kew, before visiting the gardens. As we walked from the train station towards Kew Gardens, we stumbled upon this delightful looking cafe.
It was quiet, the food looked quite good, and we were fairly hungry. After perusing the menu, we all ended up ordering the "cream tea", however, it seems that our eyes may have been bigger than our stomachs! Enticed by the confections on display, my parents and I ended up ordering a few more extras...
So delicious!

My mother ended up adding a regular croissant to her breakfast, whilst my dad enjoyed a MASSIVE apple pie! This was possibly one of the biggest apple pie slices I have ever seen! Compared to my additional order, these are both sensible. Despite it being 10 am and summer time, I ordered the sticky toffee pudding. I LOVE sticky toffee pudding and instead of ordering with my head and with a sense of decorum, I ordered this super rich and sweet dessert for breakfast. Clearly I reverted back to a child version of myself that aspired to have dessert for breakfast.

When I saw the pudding, served in a sea of toffee sauce and vanilla ice cream, I was overcome with embarrassment. Why on earth did I order this?! Despite my shame, that didn't stop me from eating it, and you know what? --- it was delicious! I think it may have been a bit too early for that much sugar, since I felt a bit sick, but it was worth it!
My sticky toffee pudding
Cream Tea Breakfast

With our bellies full, and me amped up on sugar, we were ready to tour the Royal Botanical garden. We departed the Kew Greenhouse, turned right, and walked straight, making our way to Kew Gardens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life