A Brief Visit to Borough Market

After an amazing evening with the Pythons, my parents and I were off to Southwark to catch a show at the Globe Theater. Before we made our way to the theater, we stopped off at my favorite place in London: Borough Market.

Borough Market is simply: foodie heaven. It's a GIANT market filled with every kind of vendor you can imagine! Curries, roast meats, confections, Pimms cup, fresh produce, seafood, bread, cheese, dairy…it has EVERYTHING! It is my most favorite place in London and I alway make sure to visit. I can easily spend hours browsing the vast selection of delectables on display and I more often than not, end up buying quite a lot.

When I was a student at UCL, I use to come to the market every Friday, buy some lunch, and sit on the Thames walk and people watch. It was so relaxing and really entertaining. I would then return to the market, pick up some extra goodies and return to my dorm. Such fond memories…

My parents and I always have a lot of fun wandering through the market. So much to see, smell, and taste! If only we weren't going to a show! That prevented us from stocking up on goodies, but we still had a marvelous time. 
This is my favorite curry stand! They have GIANT vats of usually three kinds of curries for sale. This was usually my go to when I would come to the market for lunch. Everything is delicious and I desperately wish I could eat some right now! On this visit, I was pleasantly surprised to see the paella.
It wouldn't be an British summer without a Pimm's cup
Fresh seafood stand
French goodies
Yummy British dairy!
More seafood!
Meringues the size of your head
The buzzing market
Essentially what we New Yorkers call a "Corn beef sandwich on rye with mustard and a pickle"
A lovely selection of meat pies. Hopefully none of them were made by Mrs. Lovett…

Although it pained us, we had to leave the market and make our way to the Globe theater. A truly memorable thespian performance awaited us...
Beautiful view of the Millennium Bridge and St. Paul's from the South bank

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life