Pot Luck BBQ at Sawkill Farm

This past weekend, my parents and I spent a delightful evening at a local BBQ hosted by Sawkill Farms. Sawkill Farms, located in Red Hook (upstate NY), is a relatively new farm that sells various meats. I wrote a post about them a while back: Sawkill Farm

This event was open to the local community (as well as Manhattan based customers) and it was a pot luck. Sawkill Farm provided the freshly made hamburgers and hotdogs, the guests brought everything else. My parents brought a large summer salad, homemade shiso juice (stay tune for a future blog post about this), and my mom baked an awesome cherry cheesecake. A really fun and wonderful idea! 
The evening was filled with music, dancing, laughter, and lots of great food! We got to meet a lot of other interesting locals, which was great, and we got to spend more time getting to know the owners of Sawkill Farm, Michael and Kallie. These newlyweds are just so cool and down to earth --- literally the nicest people EVER. My parents and I are quite fond of them. 
Sawkill Farm hamburgers and hot dogs 
Some of the pot luck selections
Such variety and colors! 
I laughed when I saw the cat sleeping under the hot grill
Dessert table
Michael and Kallie checking on the food
The locals are intrigued by shiso juice… 
No BBQ is complete without dancing!
Hanging out and chatting
What a fantastic way to spend a lovely summer evening. The food was the delicious, the people were interesting, and the overall mood was super chill. The BBQ was very well attended, so kudos to Sawkill Farms! It was wonderful to see how much of a loyal following this farm has garnered. I can't wait for the next Sawkill Farm event. Thank you Michael and Kallie, for the invite! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life