Goodbye London! Hope to See You Soon!

I'd have to say that of the numerous family vacations we've taken, I think this trip to England was one of the best trips ever. Truly, a vacation to be remembered.

Although we were together for two weeks, we enjoyed each others company. Yes, we had one day where all the togetherness proved to much, but that was only one day out of fourteen! Not too shabby.

We got to travel around England and see cities and grand country estates that were unknown to us. We got to sample local culture and visit famous film sites. (Thank you British Heritage Chauffeur Tours!)

We also got to experience London differently that on our past visits. We took day trips outside of the city, managed to sneak in a bit of theater, and discovered many her restaurants --- which we will be adding to our list of favorites.

Although we had many new experiences, we still managed to revisit some old favorites like, afternoon tea at Browns and browsing through Borough Market. We also reunited with old friends, family living abroad, and our chauffeur from our 2012 trip. 

All in all, this trip had a bit over everything: family fun, beautiful sites, delicious food, and the best of British culture. I am sad that our vacation is long gone now, but I will always look fondly upon our summer 2014 adventure to England. 

In the words of the 1939 Gracie Fields song: 
Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye, cheerio here I go, on my way
Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye, not a tear, but a cheer, make it gay
Give me a smile I can keep all the while, in my heart while I'm away
Till we me meet once again, you and I, wish me luck as you wave me goodbye! 
A spot of afternoon tea on the flight back to the US of A! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life