Happy 2014 To All!

I recognize that this is incredibly delayed, but I wanted to wish every a very Happy New Year! I hope that 2014 is treating you all well so far and I hope that this coming year will be filled with good health and happiness! Here's hoping for another year of interesting blog posts!

My family spent New Years Day in the traditional manner, at home. My mother, bless her, worked tirelessly in the kitchen on both New Years Eve and New Years Day, preparing a traditional Japanese feast. In Japan, New Years Day is THE MAJOR holiday and each dish is symbolic. For more information on the symbolism of Japanese New Years food, please check out my post from last New Years.

Since we would be vacationing in the city for five days, my mother claimed that she would not make much food, however, I think she completely outdid herself, yet again! Thank you mother dearest! May the New Years feasts never end!
Our New Years feast
My very full plate

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life