Gorgeous Fall Weekend

When I was younger (in middle and high school),  I used to absolutely hate going up to our cabin. I'll admit, I'm a bit of a suburb/city gal, but that's not what I hated. I hated being away from my friends and not being able to go to social gatherings on the weekends --- I always felt so isolated and miserable. In retrospect, I know that's selfish, but I was a teenage girl...what do you expect? 

Once I got to college, that changed. I began to see the cabin as a haven, a peaceful place of natural beauty --- I finally began to enjoy the cabin, like my parents. Now, as a college graduate and an overstressed pre-medical student, the cabin is like heaven on earth. Isolated, serene, and beautiful...paradise in upstate New York.

Over my fall break, I spent the weekend with my parents at our cabin. After a day of hanging out, we made our way over to our observation deck to watch the sunset. No sunset would be complete without some port, of course!
yum!
watching the sunset

One of the most memorable parts of the weekend was hiking the property. We own about 50 acres and we are on top of a mountain. Some highlights of our property include two ponds and a very long stream. We love spending time at the cabin during the fall because of the gorgeous fall foliage. The colors are so gorgeous!
Dad walking down our long winding driveway
When I was younger, we had a wonderful yellow lab. Unfortunately, she died in 2003 after battling lymphoma. Kasha was only 7 and I miss her very much. She was such a good girl! When she died, we buried her upstate and built this memorial for her. 
Must be careful of those bears!
gorgeous colors
garter snake slithering away
the look and colors of fall
pond #1
our very own honey crisp apples!
our very own granny smith apples!
gorgeous  
"hello there mister frog!"
pond #2
gorgeous picture of our stream
heading back to the cabin

Our hiking excursion was not only fun, but it yielded some really gorgeous photographs. The weather was beautiful, the colors of fall were breathtaking. We had a lot of fun goofing around with one another and exploring. A wonderful family moment!  On a side note, this was a wonderful escape from the city and all of my coursework!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life