Cafe Cluny

This past Friday, my mother and I decided to have brunch in the West Village. Not sure where to go, we consulted yelp, and decided on Cafe Cluny.
284 W 12th St (West Village)

This quaint little restaurant is French bistro-esque, with an American twist. The decor is very bright and warm, almost rustic. The staff was very friendly and service was quite good! 
the interior 
menu

After mulling over the menu several time, mom and I made our decisions. I opted the "house-made herbed pasta diamond with saffron braised lobster mushrooms, cocoa nibs, and ossau-iraty cheese." It was interesting... I thought, "hmmm...you could get a burger anywhere, let's try something different..." My attempt to be adventurous backfired a bit. It wasn't very impressed. The pasta was a bit lemony and the mushrooms were a bit chewy. The cocoa, thought small, was odd. I dunno, it was a weird rich lemony pasta dish...not my favorite...
My mom on the other hand, she ordered the better dish. She ordered, the "breakfast club BLT with fried egg, tomato, bacon, avocado, and spicy mayonnaise with a side of french fries." It was delicious and the french fries were addictive...I couldn't stop stealing them! I liked this sandwich so much, I'll have to make this at home!
Overall, I'd say Cafe Cluny wasn't too bad. Not the best place I've ever been to, but not bad...I'd be willing to go again and try something a bit less exotic, like "the Cluny Burger" or "the grilled shrimp salad." Hmmm...I'll have to go back soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life