Culture: Greek Yogurt Like You've Never Seen It


Like most people, I have quite a sweet tooth. I try my best to satiate my sweet tooth, without indulging too too much, since that means much much more gym time and less pounds lost! One of my favorite treats is ice cream (I mean, who doesn’t like ice cream)…unfortunately, ice cream is quite fattening, so I must limit my intake….

To help me curb or at least appease my ice cream craving, I try to eat frozen yogurt instead. Sure, it’s still fattening, but it's still better than ice cream, surely. Well, I’ll keep telling myself that. For frozen yogurt, I have found a new “regular” spot that I love and adore --- Culture: An American Yogurt Company.


According to their website, “our purpose is to provide a healthy snack alternative to those who crave quality strained yogurt combined with artisanal toppings. At Culture, we manufacture fresh and frozen yogurt in house. Our yogurt is made from specially selected probiotic cultures and freshest local milk, nothing more. Manufacturing all yogurts on premises ensures quality health-conscious treats that are extremely fresh.” Did I mention that the yogurt is Greek?! Delicous!!!!

Culture first started in Park Slope (Brooklyn), but now they have a store near NYU at 8th St and 6th Ave. Thank goodness for that! Nice and close so I can go whenever. Yummm.

The past couple times I’ve been to Culture, the decisions have been tough…what frozen yogurt do I have and what topping? Everything looks delicious and the choice is agonizing.

My first visit to Culture, I ordered a small cup of nutella flavored frozen yogurt with coconut flakes on top. It was sooo yummy! Coconut and chocolatey/hazelnut go very well together. On my more recent visits, I opted for their seasonal flavor: pumpkin pie. I mean, that is the essence of fall, right?  To really top things off, Culture currently has two seasonal toppings: pumpkin cheese cake and big apple crisp. I have tried both and let me tell you, they are spectacular!
The yogurt itself isn’t super sweet, so the toppings are a nice compliment. The big apple crisp is exactly what it sounds like. It’s chunks of apple crisp, lovingly sprinkled onto your frozen yogurt. You get bits of apples, crunchy, sweet, and tart. Yum! Also, lots of cinnamon and nutmeg.

The pumpkin cheesecake topping was also delightful. You may be thinking, pumpkin cheesecake topping with pumpkin pie frozen yogurt? Is that overkill? --- NO! It I a match made in heaven. The cheesecake is quite light and compliments the tartness of the yogurt. I loved it.

Goodness, I cannot wait to go back to Culture and try some new flavors and toppings!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life