Oven Roasted Pork Belly

A few weeks ago, I tried my hand at roasting some pork belly. I love this cut of meat because it's so tasty and soft. I've never actually made pork belly, so I thought this could be a fun experiment. 

The pork belly was super easy to make, however, I quickly remembered why restaurants only serve small pieces of pork belly. I made this for dinner and although it was really yummy, it was so heavy and very filling! After only a couple bites, I was completely full! Still, I had a lot of fun preparing, cooking, and eating this dish.

This recipe was slightly modified, but taken from "Pinch and Swirl." 

Ingredients:
- 1 lb skinless pork belly
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ground black pepper
Directions:

1. Prepare your seasoning by mixing sugar, salt, and ground black pepper together.
2. Season pork belly and let the pork sit in the fridge overnight. 
3. Preheat your oven to 450F.

4. Roast pork belly for about 20~30 minutes or until golden brown. Reduce heat to 275F and let pork roast for another 30 min, until tender, but still firm. 
5. Once your pork belly is cooked, you can either serve immediately or let it cool to room temperature. You can wrap it tightly in plastic and leave it in fridge for up to 2 days. 
R and I enjoyed our pork belly with some oven roasted potatoes and steamed broccoli

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life