Friday Night Picnic at the Pier

Last Friday night, I had the great pleasure of picnicking with my good friend T. We grabbed some dinner on our way to the Hudson River and spent a really lovely evening at the Christopher Street Pier. 
Despite having lived in Manhattan for nearly three years, I'd never been to any of the piers! Incredible. I quickly learned that I have been missing out. It was so gorgeous. Being on the Hudson River, the views of New Jersey were spectacular, as well as the view of the Freedom Tower and The Statue of Liberty!
The Freedom Tower and Wall Street
New Jersey at sunset

T and I spent several hours laying on a blanket, which he packed, just chatting. We reminisced about our time in the postbac program together, as well as updated each other regarding new life events. It was so much fun and I didn't want the night to end! 
There was a huge group of people dancing on the piers

I am so glad that T suggested that we picnic on the Pier! It's always a pleasure seeing T, but being outside and on the water --- it was simply majestic. I loved every second and now I'm itching to get back!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life