Super Easy Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken


Over the weekend, I was having dinner with a friend of mine, when she mentioned how easy it is to make pulled chicken in a slow cooker. I was intrigued. I knew of pulled pork, but I never thought of making pulled chicken. My friend told me that all she did was throw some chicken breasts and BBQ sauce in a crockpot, let it cook for a couple hours, et voila --- perfectly tender BBQ chicken! She made it sound so easy and with all the running around I have been doing and the applications I have been working on, this seemed like a perfect low key dinner! 

Not only was this super easy to prepare and make, it tasted delicious! A great family meal or ideal for a casual party. If you are making this for a party, I'd buy a couple packages of chicken, but since my crock pot was small, 1 pack sufficed. Also, my friend used chicken breasts, whilst I used chicken thighs. I don't think it really matters. I just prefer chicken thighs, but the breasts might be easier to shred. I will investigate this the next time I make this dish.

Ingredients:
- 1 package chicken thighs or breast
- 1 bottle BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- salt, pepper, paprika, onion power, garlic powder (to taste)

Directions:
1. Make the sauce by mixing everything together (except chicken).
2. I'm not sure how powerful my slow cooker is, so I quickly browned the chicken before placing them into the crock pot.
3. Once the chicken is in the crock pot, pour sauce on top. 
4. Allow your slow cooker to cook for about 6 hours on LOW.
Check in once and a while to give your chicken a stir. 

Once the six hours are up, your chicken should be lovely, flavorful, and tender! My chicken thighs fell apart easily.
Yum!

How you want to serve and enjoy your pulled chicken is up to you! You can make it into a sandwich, maybe with rice, or on its own. I opted to have the chicken as is, alongside a salad. It was so delicious! I think I will be adding this to my repertoire! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life