Homemade Gyoza Party

I love food. Considering that this is a food blog, I guess that fact is obvious. What I should probably say is, I love gyoza. I don't know what it is about gyoza, but I go crazy for them! Gyoza, shumai, dim sum. Japanese, Chinese, Korean…. I'm not picky. I will inhale them all! I am like a gyoza eating machine.

A few months ago, my best friend H invited me over for a gyoza party. She is is like my sister and her parents are like my second parents, so I was very excited at the prospect of having a delicious dinner with them. Not to mention, the main course was…GYOZA! Yum! 

Making gyoza is an art form --- or at least I believe it is an art form. Thinking of the filling requires an understanding of flavor combinations and frankly, assembling the gyoza requires a dexterity that my finger's don't quite have. Still, I did my best and pulled my weight at this delightful gyoza party.
Mrs. A, H's mom, had us make several kinds of gyoza: shrimp and celery, pork/corn/cheese, and another kind (I'm blocking on what we made…sorry!) We shopped our ingredients, broke out the wonton skins, and got to work assembling our delicious dinner. 
We ended up making nearly two trays worth of gyoza. Oh yum of the world!

With the gyoza made, it was time to set up the griddle. The A family oiled up their griddle and the gyoza were placed in rows. The anticipation of eating these delicious confections was killing me!
After a few minutes of allowing the gyoza to cook, the four of us dove in. Biting into the gyoza, my tastebuds were doing summersaults. It was like a party in my mouth. I am so thankful they invited me to dinner and that I was able to pig out on my favorite food!

Now, being a respectful guest, I didn't show up empty handed. Since the A family are Japanese, I decided to bring a Japanese dessert: anindofu (almond tofu). This dessert is not only delicious, it's super easy to make and kind of nutritious since it is made from agar. Mrs. A jazzed up my anindofu by adding chopped fruit. So delicious!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life