Garlic and Butter Shrimp

Over the past several months, I found myself in a rut. Due to my constant studying, I was always cooking and eating the same foods. Not to mention, everything I made was super fast. Grilled chicken, steamed veggies, etc… Getting sick of this routine, I wanted to treat myself to something delicious and decadent. 

At the grocery store, I knew I was in the mood for seafood, but what kind? That was the question. I settled on shrimp. The next question, how to cook the shrimp. I looked online to get a sense of what kind of shrimp recipes were out there and liked the idea of garlic butter shrimp. I glanced at a couple of recipes to get a general gist before attempting it myself. 

I must say, this recipe was fast, easy, and so so so delicious! A great weeknight dinner or if you want to impress some friends! 

Ingredients:
- about 1 8 tbsp or 4 oz butter
- 1 lb shrimp
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley 
- salt and pepper (and any other spices you like), to taste
Directions:
1. Prep: measure out your butter, mince the garlic, chop the parsley.
2. In a pan, heat 2 tablespoons of butter on medium heat. 
3.  Add the shrimp to the pan. Season with salt, pepper, and any other seasonings you may have. 
Cook until pink. Then set aside. 
4. Add garlic to the pan, stirring so that it become fragrant. 
5. Add chicken stock and lemon juice. Bring to a boil.
Add remaining butter.
6. Once butter has melted, add the shrimp. Make sure you cover the shrimp with the butter sauce and allow it to cook completely. 
7. Once your shrimp are done, serve immediately. Garnish with chopped parsley. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life