You Say "Goodbye" and I Say "Hello"

Friday was such a sad day --- it was S and M's last day in Manhattan. :( I can't believe how quickly their five days flew by! Friday morning, I went to my chemistry recitation course, then I made my way uptown to meet M and S at Momofuku Milk Bar. They were keen on tasting Momofuku's famed "cereal milk" and crack pie. 

At this point, you may be wondering, "What on earth is crack pie?" I know I had that reaction when M told me about it. I assure you, there is NO CRACK. It's just called that to convey how addictive this cake is! Essentially, it is: butter, heavy cream, brown sugar, sugar, and corn flour. It is also totally and utterly delicious. 

The menu
Here it is: cereal milk and crack pie

We had a wonderful time enjoying an assortment of treats at Momofuku Milk Bar. In fact, we had so much fun, we didn't want to leave. Sadly, M and S's time in Manhattan was fleeting...

Before heading off to the airport, M had some last minute shopping he wanted to do. We hopped on the nearest subway and made our way to the NBA store on Fifth Avenue. Here, M purchased souvenirs for himself, as well as his nephew. 

On our way back to their hotel, we made one last stop: St. Patrick's Cathedral. Sadly, it is currently being renovated and thus covered in scaffolding. How unfortunate. Still, the interior was splendid! 

Finally, the moment we had been dreading...S and M's airport shuttle came to collect them. God what I would've given for them to stay with me in Manhattan. I had the best week ever with these two amazing friends of mine. Seriously, since moving to Manhattan in June, this is the most fun I have had in my city.

Normally, my days are spent in the classroom or doing homework or going to the gym. I never seem to get out an explore the great city that I live in...that is, until now. Being able to play tourist with S and M was not only wonderful because I got to spend time with S and M, but it was great because I finally got to explore and see Manhattan. A win win.

Now, at this time, unless you are bored to tears with my posts or have stopped reading altogether, you may be wondering, "what does the title of this post mean?" Well, let me tell you. 

First off, it is a Beatles song and I am a MEGA Beatles fan, but that's not why I chose it. It really sucked to watch S leave me. We have become such good friends and we had the most amazing week together. So many memories and lots of laughter! Even though we said "goodbye," I have a feeling that we will be saying "hello" very soon...at least I hope that it is very soon... Perhaps this summer? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life