Playing Tourist in Manhattan: Day 3

Thursday morning, I met my trainer, but the afternoon was spent with M and S. We met in the late afternoon, at around 3:30 pm, in Washington Square Park. From there, M and S took me to a very special site --- Hook & Ladder 8 (the place where they filmed my favorite movie, "Ghostbusters.") I have never been here, so you can imagine my delight!
Who you gonna call?
There it is!

From here, since it was chilly and M and S were tired from their morning of exploration, I decided to take them for some delicious hot cacao at the delicious chocolatier, Mariebelle. After a delicious respite, I took S and M to Harney & Son. S is an avid tea fan and of course, being British, I should she would appreciate the store. I was right. M and S were quite impressed. In fact, they thought Harney & Son was British! They were stunned when I gleefully informed them at Harney & Son is an American tea blending company!
Aztec cacao and a slice of pear tart

We ended the day in Little Italy. M was insistent and luckily, Little Italy was only a few blocks away from where we were. It's funny. Whereas Chinatown is never ending, Little Italy is only a few blocks wide. It would seem that Chinatown is slowly taking over... 
Little Italy
Awesome "Iron Man" mural

love it!

Since we were in Little Italy, it seemed appropriate to have a real Italian dinner there...or at least an Italian-ish dinner. I consulted one of my favorite iPhone apps, yelp, to find a good place to eat. M has a bit of a Italian gangster obsession. He loves all of the films: "Goodfellas", "The Godfather," etc... Sure he may have had his head wrapped up in Italian cinematic stereotypes, but his excitement and joy was truly genuine. 
Chicken Parmigiana and Spaghetti, a personal favorite

M was super pleased with his spaghetti and meatballs. 
He posted this picture on his facebook with the caption, 
"Mob boss dining... Dinning like 'Lucky Luciano' back in the 1920's"
no meal would be complete without some delicious Italian confections!
gelato

What another incredible day! Sadly, I was unable to spend the rest of the evening with M and S, since I had to study for my chemistry quiz the next day. I walked M and S to Bloomingdale's in SoHo, then made my way to the subway and home. The rest of the night was dull and filled with chemistry. Ugh. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life