Season's Greetings from Japan!

Season's greetings from Japan, everyone! This year, for the first time, my family and I will be spending the holidays in Japan. We left on Christmas Day, which was a bit bummer, but the fact that we get to spend New Years in Tokyo makes the sacrifice worthwhile.

In Japan, New Years is THE BIG holiday. It's most comparable to Thanksgiving in the USA. It's the holiday where families and friends get together and feast all day long. It's filled with tradition, delicious foods, and quality time with friends and family. (I've written about New Years in the past). 

I've never experienced New Years in Japan, so I am really excited. I've heard stories from friends and family about how magical it is, so I'm looking forward to experiencing it for myself! 

In the meantime, I will be doing some traveling and enjoying all of the foods Japan has to offer. Besides Tokyo, my family and I will be traveling to Kyoto and the Izu Peninsula. I'll be blogging about what we get up to, so be sure to check in! 
Tokyo Tower all lit up

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life