Celebrating Halloween in Brooklyn (a new annual tradition for me!)

One year after Hurricane Sandy, I returned to Brooklyn to celebrate Halloween and give out candy with my best friend E. At home, our driveway is hidden from the street, so we never really had trick-or-treaters come and visit. This all changed last year, when I spent Halloween with E and got to experience Brooklyn stoop-culture Halloween. What fun! The kids are all so adorable, the costumes are great, and it's just so much fun hanging out with E and her mom! 
E and her family have the best candy and they buy A LOT of it! This is only a small fraction of the total candy purchased!
E's family also have great decorations. Special shout out to the jack-o-lanterns, which were carved by E. 
Some trick-or-treaters
This family was one of my favorite trick-or-treaters that we encountered. So cute!
Great jack-o-lanterns

E and I sat on the stoop for several hours and we had so much fun giving out candy to the trick-or-treaters. We also got to catch up, crack jokes, and hang out (we also nibbled on some Halloween candy…) We saw a lot of Power Rangers, Disney princesses, and ninjas! I was amused to see a group of teenagers girl dressed up as the 11th Doctor (Matt Smith), Sherlock Holmes, and John Watson. We also had an Edward Scissorhands and many toddlers dressed as adorable animals. I loved all of the costumes! 

I always love hanging out with E. She's the best and I adore her. So glad that I was able to spend Halloween with her in Brooklyn and I hope this becomes an annual thing! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life