Broccoli Soup --- For Broccoli Lover's Only!

After a long winter break, I returned to my apartment in Manhattan with a blender from my mother. It's not just a blender, but a VITAMIX. The king of blenders. It is wonderful and I am in love.

Keeping with my new weight loss journey, I have been trying new and healthy recipes. With my new blender, I was finally able to make Gordon Ramsay's broccoli soup. As a broccoli lover, I love this soup, but I want not able to make it until now, because I lacked the key instrument... A BLENDER!

Now, I will share with you this recipe, but I must warn you, it is for truly broccoli lovers. Seriously, if you don't love broccoli, you may find this flavor overwhelming. 

Ingredients:
- 3 lb broccoli
- boiling water
- olive oil
- seasonings of your choice

 Directions:
1. Prepare the broccoli. You don't have to cut it into bite-sized pieces, since it will be boiled and then pureed. 
2. Boil the broccoli until soft. 
3. Once the broccoli is soft, transfer to blender. DO NOT DISCARD BOILING WATER!
4. Blitz the broccoli until perfectly pureed. At this point, add seasoning. Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder...whatever you like.
5. Once the soup is purred, serve immediately! I like to add some extra seasoning and a dash of olive oil.

This soup is not only healthy and all natural, but it is gorgeous. It has a beautifully deep green color, as well as a rich and velvety texture. Not to mention, the broccoli taste is intense. I love it! Yum!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life